Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Conditional Tags in Robohelp Classic

Explorer ,
Feb 19, 2021 Feb 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi There,

I am working in Robohelp 2019 in the Classic view and am having trouble with the conditional tags. I had a conditional tag and then deleted it after I had already applied it to some of my content. I then tagged my content with the new tag.

The new tag is yellow. But the lines above the content are army green. It is essentially applying two tags at the same time. If I highlight the copy, right click and go to the conditional tag drop down I can see that there are two tags checked. One of them is the one I deleted.

But if I pull up the list of my tags, it is not there. How do I get rid of this ghost tag?

Thank you in advance.

Julianna

If I go to 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 20, 2021 Feb 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please use the photo icon to insert images within the post. Some supporters will not open attachments for security reasons and if you do download, you are then not seeing the image inline with the text. Then thanks to a quirk of this forum you have to close the thread and reopen it before you can reply. Crazy but that's the way it is.

When you delete a tag, RoboHelp pops up a message saying the references in topics will be deleted. I just tested it in 2019 Classic and it did indeed delete the references in the topics.

Does the reference still show if you look at the code in HTML view?

Try recreating the tag and then deleting it again. 

Do you have all updates applied?

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 21, 2021 Feb 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Peter,

Yes the reference was still showing in the code in the HTML view. I deleted them and everything is fine now. 

Next time I'll be sure to use the photo icon to post images next time.

Thanks so much!

Julianna

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp