Conditional text in Responsive HTML5 file output structure

Community Beginner ,
May 18, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am investigating converting our ancient .chm help into Responsive HTML5 help. I am looking an William van Weelden's blog on the topic (Merging Multiscreen HTML5 help). I'm hoping it applies to Responsive HTML5 as well.

My question relates to output folder structure. His structure looks like this:

merging_html5_folder_structure_output.png

merging_html5_folder_structure_merged_project.png

My application comes in two modes (say Mode A and Mode B). Therefore, I have conditional text in some topics for Mode A and Mode B. Should I create output folders under each Child project for each mode? If so, do I have to create them under each screen profile folder as well (so far I am not sure which profiles I will need other than desktop).

I am using RoboHelp 11.0.4.291.

Responsive help works different from multiscreen (it's simpler!). See: http://www.wvanweelden.eu/blog/2014/03/18/adobe-robohelp-merging-responsive-html5-help

With Responsive help, you only have 1 set of content for all devices. If you want 2 different CBT's applied, you will have to create two outputs.

TOPICS
HTML5 layout

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Conditional text in Responsive HTML5 file output structure

Community Beginner ,
May 18, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am investigating converting our ancient .chm help into Responsive HTML5 help. I am looking an William van Weelden's blog on the topic (Merging Multiscreen HTML5 help). I'm hoping it applies to Responsive HTML5 as well.

My question relates to output folder structure. His structure looks like this:

merging_html5_folder_structure_output.png

merging_html5_folder_structure_merged_project.png

My application comes in two modes (say Mode A and Mode B). Therefore, I have conditional text in some topics for Mode A and Mode B. Should I create output folders under each Child project for each mode? If so, do I have to create them under each screen profile folder as well (so far I am not sure which profiles I will need other than desktop).

I am using RoboHelp 11.0.4.291.

Responsive help works different from multiscreen (it's simpler!). See: http://www.wvanweelden.eu/blog/2014/03/18/adobe-robohelp-merging-responsive-html5-help

With Responsive help, you only have 1 set of content for all devices. If you want 2 different CBT's applied, you will have to create two outputs.

TOPICS
HTML5 layout

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
May 18, 2015 0
LEGEND ,
May 18, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 18, 2015 0
Community Beginner ,
May 18, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Willam! Easier is good.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 18, 2015 0
Community Beginner ,
May 18, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do I have to create two parent projects (for Mode A and Mode B) as well?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 18, 2015 0
LEGEND ,
May 18, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can have one parent project SOURCE. You will need two parent project OUTPUTS. One output for each conditional build expression.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 18, 2015 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
May 19, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The reason Willam's layout is different is because it avoids issues with links between the parent project and child projects. See the topics on Merged Help on my site. If you don't have any such links, your structure is OK.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Please use the blue Reply button at the top to help me help you. The black Reply link nests replies and they sort out of order.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 19, 2015 0