• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Connecting to RoboHelp Installation Via Remote Desktop

New Here ,
Nov 17, 2016 Nov 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use RoboSource as a version control system for 3 writers on the same project. RoboHelp 11 is installed on each writer's local PC.  Then we connect to a server that has RoboSource. This worked fine until we hired a new writer in India. The connection speed to the server in the UK is too slow to effectively work.  Therefore, IT recommended that we install RoboHelp on the server in the UK and the writer would remote desktop onto that machine and the connection speed would be quicker.  It would only be one writer who would be accessing the RoboHelp installation on the server.  Is this a breach of licensing rules for Adobe?  I know in older versions, RoboHelp had to be installed locally to comply with the license.  Is that still the case or can I install it on the server and have a writer remote desktop onto the machine to use it?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 17, 2016 Nov 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To the best of my knowledge that is still the case but Adobe would have to

confirm that. The main issue though is RoboHelp is not designed to work on

the server operating system.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 18, 2016 Nov 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Your easiest solution is to set up a new workstation in the UK connected to your fast local server & then have the person in India RDP into it - I do that all the time when working remotely - it's just like being there in the office.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp