Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Content Filter widget not showing in indigo html5 template robohelp 2019

Participant ,
Feb 01, 2021 Feb 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am using the indigo html5 template and want to filter content by product type. I have applied everything and had it working in one of the other html5 templates, but with indigo, I cannot get the option to filter to show up in the help pages, even when it is enabled through the build settings for html5.

How can I get product filterting switch to show up in the indigo template?

I am using Robohelp 2019 fully updated but I started working with the indigo template a few months ago - don't know if it would be affected by updates to the app install.

Thanks!

TOPICS
Output presets

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which version of RH2019 are you using - Classic or New UI?

Are you sure you have condition tags applied to the content in your output? If you don't, then the filter button won't appear even when you specify a dynamic content filter for the build. How content is included in the output is different between Classic and New UI, so what you expect to be included might not be.

There's a quick test that's possible in New UI that isn't possible in Classic, so once you post back, I can provide more relevant info.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I am using the new UI for RoboHelp. I did have it working in a proof of concept project using the other blue template. But when I switched to Indigo, I have not seen the filters on the help pages, though it is enabled in the build. I am going to go the route of starting with a new version of the indigo template and see how that works.

Where would I get a new version of Indigo?

and I am interested in your test. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 02, 2021 Feb 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The test is to tick the option "Show unused condition tags in Dynamic content filter". This will force the filter to display, even if none of the condition tags are used in your content.

The filter won't work (because the tags aren't used) but will confirm that the problem is with your condition tags rather than the skin or any settings. Once you've determined that the filter button shows up, untick that checkbox again (you probably don't want to include non-functional filters).

In New UI, content is only in the output if the topic is in the table of contents, or is linked to by a topic that is in the table of contents. 

So double-check that all the topics that have condition tags applied are in your TOC, otherwise the dynamic filter will not work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 09, 2021 Feb 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Amebr, thanks for your reply, there is good info in there about filters.

It turns out that getting a different version of indigo resolved this issue for me. The filter is showing and functioning as expected.

It was most likely my customizations, which I no longer need to make!

Also, I use the new UI, all the way!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp