• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Context Mapping (F1) Works in English but not in Our Localized Versions

Enthusiast ,
Jan 25, 2019 Jan 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all. We're using RH 2017 (the latest build). We have a large merged help system in a HTML5 responsive output.

F1 in English on the one of our dialog boxes gives me this URL initially in my browser's address bar:
http://docs.hexagonmi.com/pcdmis/2019.1/en/helpcenter/index.htm?rhcsh=1&rhnewwnd=0&rhmapno=488

...which correctly resolves into this and shows the topic:
http://docs.hexagonmi.com/pcdmis/2019.1/en/helpcenter/index.htm?rhcsh=1&rhnewwnd=0#t=mergedProjects%...

But...

F1 in our non-English versions of our product on the same dialog box (in this case Italian) gives me this:
http://docs.hexagonmi.com/pcdmis/2019.1/it/helpcenter/index.htm?rhcsh=1&rhnewwnd=0&rhmapno=488

... but it never resolves to show the topic. It just stays stuck at:

http://docs.hexagonmi.com/pcdmis/2019.1/it/helpcenter/index.htm?rhcsh=1&rhnewwnd=0&rhmapno=488

Where in the generated output is context mapping controlled so I can verify it's in place?

Thoughts on how to resolve this?

Thanks in advance!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jan 28, 2019 Jan 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well this is indeed strange. When I came into the office this morning, I tried the above Italian, and this time it worked, and the web-server showed the correct topic. But I didn't change anything. I then tested all the 16 langauges we support. Thankfully most are behaving as expected now. But I find it strange that they suddenly started working on their own. I have seen similar things happen with Search in HTML5 where the Search feature does nothing for a few days once I upload a big project to our azure web server. Then after a couple of days it'll start working. I wonder if the same thing is happening here.

Anyway, we still have these 3 languages where F1 mapping doesn't resolve to show the topic. It just sits on this passed URL from the application. I don't know if it's a problem or if it really is just another case of waiting a couple of more days and trying again:

Chinese Simplified

http://docs.hexagonmi.com/pcdmis/2019.1/zh-chs/helpcenter/index.htm?rhcsh=1&rhnewwnd=0&rhmapno=488

Chinese Traditional

http://docs.hexagonmi.com/pcdmis/2019.1/zh-cht/helpcenter/index.htm?rhcsh=1&rhnewwnd=0&rhmapno=488

Czech

http://docs.hexagonmi.com/pcdmis/2019.1/cs/helpcenter/index.htm?rhcsh=1&rhnewwnd=0&rhmapno=488

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't use context sensitive help at the moment, but have had issues with changes to the TOC. There's some caching issue, I think, that might be a web server thing rather than a RH thing. My feeling is with caching of js files by the server, but haven't had access to a web server manager to help troubleshoot.

I think the csh file you are looking to confirm is <your project output>/whxdata/csh.js. (This is for RH11 Responsive, but I expect it should be similar for RH2017.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Amebr. I'll dig down that direction.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As a test, I compared the csh.js from the good English against the csh.js from the above Czech, and they're identical. I expected that of course since the English RH project was used as a base for the localized .htm files.

I also cleared out my browser's cache to our site and it still didn't work. As far as I can tell the context mapping content is in place in these languages, so I'm not sure what's making it get stuck and not resolve to the topic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One other thought. I know it works for most of your outputs, but I wonder if the dot in your path could be causing confusion? It would be something to rule out, although publishing to a new location couldn't rule out the caching issue (as there wouldn't be cached content to trigger the error - does that make sense? - post long weekend, so brain is not translating to text output efficiently : p)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jan 29, 2019 Jan 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. For Chinese Simplified at least, I've fixed that one. The problem was that the parent help was expecting a child help that we aren't distributing in that language. Once I removed the merged reference to the child help from our parent project, and regenerated the parent help, the mapping worked.

I'm currently working on Traditional Chinese and Czech. I'm trouble-shooting these issues by addding the localized child helps one at a time on top of a known good English copy of all the helps. After each addition, I test the mapping link to see if there's something in that child help that broke the mapping.

I'll post any other findings here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 30, 2019 Jan 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

One person I know created a number of layouts in the parent, each with different settings. You could do that to point to different TOCs etc.

See www.grainge.org for free RoboHelp and Authoring information.

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp