• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Context-sensitive search issue (RoboHelp for Word to RoboHelp 2017)

New Here ,
Sep 13, 2017 Sep 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For background, my company has been using RoboHelp 2010 for Word for a long time now. Now that I'm taking over our help file, I am using RoboHelp 2017. I imported the old project into the new system and everything seems to work except for the context-sensitive search, which is extremely important. The previous owner showed me the project in the old system, and he was using K-keywords to link his files.

He generated the output directly as a .chm previously. I am using the WebHelp to CHM output option.

My question is: Is there a way to convert this k-keyword system into something usable in RoboHelp 2017? I can get it to work as an index within the help file, but our software will open the help file to the home topic from everywhere in the system now, instead of the relevant topic.

I think the old method of K-keywords relied on a Microsoft Word document as a map file. Do I need a .h type map file now? Is there any easy way to "switch over" so that I can use the word document as the map file?

Really stumped. I would appreciate any suggestions.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?