Highlighted

Context-sensitivity not working

Explorer ,
Sep 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We recently switched from WebHelp to HTML5. Unfortunately, at some point during the switch, the context-sensitive setup broke. It appears that RoboHelp is no longer generating the cshdat_robohelp.htm or index_csh.htm files. Any idea why? What am I doing wrong?

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Peter Grainge | Adobe Community Professional

Please note that the method of calling CSH has been changed in RoboHelp 2017 Update 2 so that it now opens as it did prior to Update 4 in RoboHelp 2015.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring information

@petergrainge

TOPICS
HTML5 layout

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Context-sensitivity not working

Explorer ,
Sep 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We recently switched from WebHelp to HTML5. Unfortunately, at some point during the switch, the context-sensitive setup broke. It appears that RoboHelp is no longer generating the cshdat_robohelp.htm or index_csh.htm files. Any idea why? What am I doing wrong?

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Peter Grainge | Adobe Community Professional

Please note that the method of calling CSH has been changed in RoboHelp 2017 Update 2 so that it now opens as it did prior to Update 4 in RoboHelp 2015.

@petergrainge

TOPICS
HTML5 layout

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 25, 2017 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check that you've ticked the required map files in the SSL\Output settings dialog box. I frequently miss that when switching outputs.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 25, 2017 0
Explorer ,
Sep 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did...that wasn't it

I found an article on Willam's site and it appears that I have to change the way the context sensitive topics are called: https://www.wvanweelden.eu/articles/context-sensitivity-responsive-and-multiscreen-html5.

However, my next road block is that when the online help is opened normally (index.htm), it's automatically appending #t=First_Topic.htm to the end of the URL (e.g., http://dummysite/onlinehelp/index.htm#t=First_Topic.htm). Which doesn't matter for the just opening the online help by default. However, when the context sensitive called is made, it's doing the same thing and redirecting to the "home page" (e.g., http://dummysite/onlinehelp/index.htm?rhcsh=1&mapid=2189#t=First_Topic.htm). Any idea on how I can force it to NOT append that?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 25, 2017 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@petergrainge

www.grainge.org for free RoboHelp & Authoring info. Use the blue Reply button at the top to help me help you.
The black Reply link nests replies and they sort out of order.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 10, 2017 0