Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Context Sensitivity RH11 Responsive HTML

New Here ,
Sep 17, 2018 Sep 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I have already searched for that topic but could not find any answer...

We have always used a chm help for our software. Now that times are changing we want to switch to a responsive html5 online help.

So, I have created an online help in RH11 using the "Responsive HTML5" layout. So far, so good. Now, when I am in our software and want to open the online help on a specific topic it will always without any exception open the standard topic that I have defined...

My colleague had a look at it, too, and said that there is some kind of automatic forwarding in the file and it should work if I would deactivate this forwarding.

But: How do I do that?

Can anyone help?

Thank you

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 17, 2018 Sep 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The main redirect I can think of is when you open say "www.mysite.com/index.htm" the index.htm will redirect to your default topic (defined on the SSL properties dialog box in the Content tab). You don't want to stop this redirect, because your index page doesn't contain any content; it's a placeholder that RH creates that tells everything how to hang together.

So I would suspect the problem is how the help is being called. Can you find out how the developers are calling the help and post some details?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 24, 2018 Sep 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp