Highlighted

Contexts in RoboServer setup

Participant ,
Apr 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

RH2015 | WebHelp

Can anyone help me with setting up RoboServer and contexts? I need to publish online Help for different products using a folder structure like this: <product name>/<doc type>/<region>/<version>. My IT department have installed RoboServer and I can publish projects to it. However, at the moment I can only publish to content areas. What I need is the ability to publish to a specific folder structure. Can I use contexts to do this?

Thanks

TOPICS
RoboServer

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Contexts in RoboServer setup

Participant ,
Apr 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

RH2015 | WebHelp

Can anyone help me with setting up RoboServer and contexts? I need to publish online Help for different products using a folder structure like this: <product name>/<doc type>/<region>/<version>. My IT department have installed RoboServer and I can publish projects to it. However, at the moment I can only publish to content areas. What I need is the ability to publish to a specific folder structure. Can I use contexts to do this?

Thanks

TOPICS
RoboServer

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Apr 05, 2016 0
moszapy1 LATEST
Explorer ,
Apr 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jop,

You can host different Help systems by creating multiple contexts in Tomcat. Contexts refer to websites, where a project can be published. You can configure different instances of RoboHelp Server (on a single installation) to run on each of these contexts. These contexts run on the same IP address and port number but with different context names. By default, RoboHelp Server creates a single context called robohelp.

To create context using RHS:

1. Select Start > All Programs > Adobe > Adobe RoboHelp Server 9 > Configuration Manager.
  2. Select File > New Context.
  3. Do one of the following:
    • If you want to deploy the new context in the root context, select Deploy In Root Context and enter a Directory Name.

Note: The root context is a special, empty context path. If an application is deployed in the root context, it listens for requests on the http://<host-name>:<port-num> URL, instead of a sub-URL.

• Specify a new Context Name and Directory Name. For example, you can have robohelp2 as the new context name and rh2 as the directory name.
      Note: To open an existing context, you can select File > Open Context.
  4. Click OK.

Thanks,

Sameer

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 12, 2016 1