• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Copying a page in RH15, Responsive layout

Participant ,
Oct 14, 2015 Oct 14, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When selecting a portion of a displayed topic to copy using Crtl A for the whole topic or highlighting a portion of the topic, if the text contains an expanding definition, the copy will include the expanded text. See below for the definition of offshore and operator. (the highlighting is mine).

That must be deliberate on the part of Adobe, but not wanted in my case. Can it be turned off? Is there any other way to copy?

I notice that printing a topic does not include the expansion

(d) Except for offshore Beyond the line of ordinary low water along that portion of the coast of the United States that is in direct contact with the open seas and beyond the line marking the seaward limit of inland waters. pipelines, pumping equipment must be installed on property that is under the control of the operator A person who owns or operates pipeline facilities. and at least 15.2 m (50 ft) from the boundary of the pump station.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Participant , Oct 14, 2015 Oct 14, 2015

I found out more:

This is browser specific to IE.  It copies regular and hidden text.  If Word is set in Display to "Shown all formatting marks" or if "Hidden Text" is enabled, then cutting and pasting a glossary "pop up" will show the hidden definition text.  All the user has to do is in Word go to File, Options, Display and turn either of these off, certainly make sure "Hidden Text" is disabled.

Using Firefox and Chrome, this does not happen

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

When selecting things in the RoboHelp editor, it's helpful to understand that something like an image that may be part of the selection isn't really the image. It includes the HTML code behind whatever is selected. I would surmise this is totally expected behavior and quite by design.

I suppose if anything, what you are looking for would be something new that would offer an option to copy only the selected text and ignore the HTML code.

One workaround might involve sidetripping the copied text by copying the text, then pasting into Windows Notepad. That action should strip away the underlying HTML code. Then select the text from Notepad and paste elsewhere.

You might also be able to achieve the same thing by previewing the topic and making the selection from the preview.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found out more:

This is browser specific to IE.  It copies regular and hidden text.  If Word is set in Display to "Shown all formatting marks" or if "Hidden Text" is enabled, then cutting and pasting a glossary "pop up" will show the hidden definition text.  All the user has to do is in Word go to File, Options, Display and turn either of these off, certainly make sure "Hidden Text" is disabled.

Using Firefox and Chrome, this does not happen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 17, 2015 Oct 17, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

David

Happy to help but I'm not clear on the problem. Who is copying and who is pasting and where (what app)?

Whether or not expanded text and dropdown text is included in printed documentation is a setting in the Printed Documentation layout.

Send me something offline if you wish.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp