• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Correct quotes for non-english languages?

Oct 14, 2010 Oct 14, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

RH8 ignores the language setting of my project and inserts English quotes (“..“) instead of German ones („..“). Is there an easy way to insert a lower quote („) without doing it manually in the HTML code?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 03, 2010 Nov 03, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the text was typed using upper-quotation marks, nothing will fix that except find-and-replace. RH will not magically change quotation marks just because you change the language setting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mike, I am not changing the language settings. I have a project with a certain global language setting and write text. As you may know, different languages use different types of quotation marks (French, German..). In RoboHelp I see no other way than to manually insert each single quotation mark as a symbol, whereas all text processing programs I know provide the correct quotation marks automatically - I do not think there is anything magic to this. Maybe there is a setting to activate smart quotes that I have simply overlooked?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That's the problem: RH HTML is not a word processor; it's a simple HTML editor.

It interprets your keystrokes literally.  If you type " then it's translated to ".  If you used a keyboard with lower-quote keys, however, they would be accurately translated to &bdquo.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp