• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Could you help me creating a multilingual project in RH10 (using Trados for translations).

New Here ,
Feb 28, 2014 Feb 28, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I used to create a multilingual project in RH8 few years ago but can't read the files anymore. Could you give me advice so that I could rebuilt a multilingual project quickly. The procedure in the online help is too short and I fail when following it.

Thanks in advance.

BR

Sandrine

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sandrine.

Can you be more specific about your problem and we will try to help. What does "can't read the files" mean? Can you open the RH8 project? What happens when you do?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Thank you for your reply.

In fact I wanted to use my former project just to see how I managed it. But it is "damaged" when I want ti open it after the RH update. Now I have RH10 and not RH8 anymore.

I need help on creating a multilingual project with RH10.

In the RH Help document, the procedure is :

Apply French language project settings by selecting French Language.

2 Open an English topic, create a topic for the French language, and translate the content, including the topic title from

English to French. (Do not translate topic filenames.)

3 Create French tables of contents, indexes, and glossaries.

4 Create a conditional build tag, such as FrenchContent.

5 Apply the FrenchContent conditional build tag to French content and topics.

6 Generate output for the French language.

When I create topics with same names, I have a Error message "The file already exists". May be it will work in different folders.

I'll try and let you know.

Thanks for helping.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi again,

It seems that if I create different folder for the different languages it works.

The procedure should be updated so that it would be clearer for users.

I guss I don't need help anymore.

Thanks

Sandrine

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You got there on your own. RoboHelp file names work the same as any other Windows application. You can't have two files in the same folder with the same file name.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 02, 2014 Mar 02, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for your help. Sometimes, sharing a reflexion on a subject helps to find a solution. I guess I needed that reflexion to find the solution.

BR

Sandrine

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp