• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creating link and filtering list omits bookmarks

Explorer ,
Aug 12, 2020 Aug 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In RH 2020.0.156, When creating a hyperlink to a bookmark, I search for the bookmark by name and nothing comes back. Other objects that contain the same word do come back, like images and topics. To be sure I copied/pasted the bookmark name into the search box and can't find it.

If I browse the Contents instead, finding the topic then the bookmark, I can select it fine. Why doesn't the search find it?

TOPICS
New UI

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 12, 2020 Aug 12, 2020

Here's an existing bug item you can vote on:

https://tracker.adobe.com/#/view/RH-7061

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version of RH are you running? Are you all patched up? Check Help > Updates to check.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, I updated with the version. Having issues running updates, looking into it. Confirmed there were no updates for my version at this time. (I got a spurious error message when checking for updates and there were none: "Specified product is not installed on this machine. Please quit the installer and start over.")

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't have RH2020, but this is what happens in RH2019, and it sounds like what you're experiencing.

Here's my topic with bookmarks, found by browsing through the list in the dialog box:

Amebr_3-1597281940234.png

I searched for my bookmark - nothing (not sure why that topic is displaying as it doesn't match...):

Amebr_1-1597281855510.png

Nor can I get the bookmark by searching for the topic:

Amebr_2-1597281887710.png

If that matches your experience, you can request features and report issues here: https://tracker.adobe.com/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's an existing bug item you can vote on:

https://tracker.adobe.com/#/view/RH-7061

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 13, 2020 Aug 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe have already commented in that bug report that this will be fixed in Update 1.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes Amebr that's exactly what I experienced. Thank you all!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They commented on it after I posted the link here. I voted at the same time, so maybe that prompted them to look at it. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 14, 2020 Aug 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I didn't mean to imply otherwise. I was simply adding that they have replied.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp