Highlighted

Creating list continue style

New Here ,
Mar 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I created a new style that would indent under a numbered list or bulleted list item (used for aligning pictures under the text of the list item or the result text under the list item). I put the style in the Paragraph styles (p.list.continue) and Div Styles (div.list.continue). However, selecting it as a div style doesn't format as it should and as a paragraph style doesn't even appear in the Topic Style panel.
The only way I could make the text or picture format as formatted in the style was to work in the source code. For example:
<li>Enter a name for the case in the Case Name box.
<div class="list">Enter a short description about the case in the Description box.</div>
<div class="note"><strong>Note:</strong> The description is for your information and identification. It will not appear in the exported case.</div>
</li>

This kind of defeats the purpose of having a user-friendly, easy to use application if you have to work in the source code especially if someone doesn't know HTML.

Does anyone know away to create a style as described above and to make it work correctly without using the source code? 
TOPICS
New UI

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Creating list continue style

New Here ,
Mar 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I created a new style that would indent under a numbered list or bulleted list item (used for aligning pictures under the text of the list item or the result text under the list item). I put the style in the Paragraph styles (p.list.continue) and Div Styles (div.list.continue). However, selecting it as a div style doesn't format as it should and as a paragraph style doesn't even appear in the Topic Style panel.
The only way I could make the text or picture format as formatted in the style was to work in the source code. For example:
<li>Enter a name for the case in the Case Name box.
<div class="list">Enter a short description about the case in the Description box.</div>
<div class="note"><strong>Note:</strong> The description is for your information and identification. It will not appear in the exported case.</div>
</li>

This kind of defeats the purpose of having a user-friendly, easy to use application if you have to work in the source code especially if someone doesn't know HTML.

Does anyone know away to create a style as described above and to make it work correctly without using the source code? 
TOPICS
New UI

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Mar 31, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Mar 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you post a screenshot of what you're trying to accomplish? I haven't heard of many people having to work in source code view to deal with lists.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 31, 2020 0
New Here ,
Mar 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screeshot example of List Continue for Images, Notes and Indented TextScreeshot example of List Continue for Images, Notes and Indented Text

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 31, 2020 0
Mar 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So the lines "Enter a short description about the case..." in point #3 and "Press Select Module." in point #4 is what you're talking about?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 31, 2020 0
New Here ,
Mar 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure what I am doing wrong. I will attach it to this email.

Judy Shaltiel, Senior Technical Communicator
[personal info removed by moderator]

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 31, 2020 0
Mar 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can't reply by e-mail & have it come through correctly. Use the web interface - am I correct in identifying where the issue is?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 31, 2020 0
Contributor ,
Mar 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm doing exactly what you're doing, except with p tags instead of div tags. Otherwise the numbering restarts. One other option would be to create a p style that has its own numbering and only resets with specific other p styles. I haven't had the time yet though to figure this out completely. So indeed, since the gui doesn't support extra elements inside a li tag, it's source code city for me as well.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 31, 2020 0
New Here ,
Mar 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. I will try that and see if it works.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 31, 2020 0