• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creating list continue style

New Here ,
Mar 31, 2020 Mar 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I created a new style that would indent under a numbered list or bulleted list item (used for aligning pictures under the text of the list item or the result text under the list item). I put the style in the Paragraph styles (p.list.continue) and Div Styles (div.list.continue). However, selecting it as a div style doesn't format as it should and as a paragraph style doesn't even appear in the Topic Style panel.
The only way I could make the text or picture format as formatted in the style was to work in the source code. For example:
<li>Enter a name for the case in the Case Name box.
<div class="list">Enter a short description about the case in the Description box.</div>
<div class="note"><strong>Note:</strong> The description is for your information and identification. It will not appear in the exported case.</div>
</li>

This kind of defeats the purpose of having a user-friendly, easy to use application if you have to work in the source code especially if someone doesn't know HTML.

Does anyone know away to create a style as described above and to make it work correctly without using the source code? 
TOPICS
New UI

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 02, 2020 Apr 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, but how would you create the note in step 3 from the screenshot? This note is formatted by a p style I would guess. Is there any way to do that with a shift-enter?

I explained that. After the first part of Step 3 your press Enter twice. The first time it will show 4, the second time it will revert to Normal. You then select the Note style that has been created with all the formatting and has an indent in the style to line it up with the list item text. All you need to do is enter the text.

After entering whatever in the note, you click the number list icon style again. It will show 1 so right click and set as 4.

I have been doing that for years and it works.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah OK, but then you're breaking the list. I'm not a fan of setting numbers manually because you always forget to update when you insert something later. And, you need to define an extra alert style for the indent. I'd rather make the sacrifice of going into the source code now and then. But indeed, the output will look the same.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Horses for courses. 🙂

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp