Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creating Single Html Page with Search bar

Community Beginner ,
Mar 15, 2017 Mar 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

I have an idea and wondering if I can develop it in Robohelp. My goal is to build an html page in robohelp that only have search bar and text box in it and upload it on our company website. I'm gonna put some common questions and answers in the text box and whenever customers can not find the answers in this page they type in the search bar and it fetches the information from my major Robohelp project (which is our company help file) or basically redirect to the help file. I know that if I generate a layout like responsive HTML or .... I will have search bar but I need to have it in a single page. Now is there any way that I can create single html page in robohelp which only have search bar and text box in it?

Thanks,

Parya

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 17, 2017 Mar 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It sounds like what you want is something like the Contact page on my site. That is a PHP version but it can be done with the JavaScript version. You would create that page using an HTML editor rather than RoboHelp and get ZoomSearch to search your RoboHelp project.

My own view, for what it is worth, is that I would not like to be presented with just that as a starting point. Users have to come up with what they think is a good search term and then wade through the results. I think it better to have a start page as you want but also to have a structured TOC to help guide users as to what is available. If a search does not help, is it because you searched badly or the answer isn't there? At least with a TOC you can see what is there.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring information

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp