Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cross-Site Scripting: DOM issue in WebHelp files - Robohelp 2015

New Here ,
Apr 17, 2019 Apr 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am using Robohelp 2015 to create help files in the WebHelp format. Last week, my client reported that the submitted help files are failing the security vulnerability test. I have attached a sample of the issue reported. I can send the complete report if so required.

CrossSiteScripting.jpg

They are moving to a different server which has high security system in place. The production promote date is fast approaching and I am unable to find a fix for the same. I tried the fixes suggested in the following sites:

Cross-site scripting vulnerability

How to fix security vulnerabilities in WebHelp output | RoboHelp (2015 release)

But, the client is reporting the same issue. Could you please let me know what I should do as soon as possible so that I can fix it before the production promote.

Thanks,

Sreekala

TOPICS
Classic

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have amended your version to RoboHelp 2015 as version 15 does not exist yet.

From time to time we see posts such as yours and in most cases it is a case of the tool being over zealous. I know that doesn't help you but the problem is that most of those who support this forum are not qualified to assist. I have reached out to see if anyone can respond.

See www.grainge.org for free RoboHelp and Authoring information.

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much, Peter. Hoping for a solution soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 24, 2019 Apr 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

Please share the full report with us (you can send me private message). We can analyze if some of those were fixed in later releases.

Would it be possible for you to try out the Responsive HTML5 output in RH 2015, as we have fixed security vulnerabilities for this HTML5-Based output format.

Regards,

Vikas Singla

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp