• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CSH API vs Directly Calling Topic URLs

New Here ,
Feb 13, 2015 Feb 13, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, folks, I need some help. I've worked with developers at two different employers, and each time I give them the CSH APIs and Instructions for Developers, they look at me strangely and ask why they can't just call the correct topic for each context.

I understand that there are some functions, like calling a named window in webhelp, that wouldn't work because they are not using the API. However, I'm using the new, awesome responsive HTML5 output for my current project. According to WvanWeelden (http://www.wvanweelden.eu/articles/context-sensitivity-multiscreenresponsive-html5), it doesn't matter with responsive HTML5 since you're not using specific screen layouts.

Is there any other functionality that I should be concerned about eliminating if we choose to call specific topics within the application instead of using the CSH API? I know that I shouldn't change my topic name (URL) unless I want dev to have to make the change within the application. Anything else?

Thanks, in advance, for your responses,

Becky Williams
RelayHealth

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Feb 14, 2015 Feb 14, 2015

Not changing the url's is the only thing I can think of. The CSH API for Responsive HTML5 simply isn't very complex.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Feb 14, 2015 Feb 14, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not changing the url's is the only thing I can think of. The CSH API for Responsive HTML5 simply isn't very complex.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 16, 2015 Feb 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you, William!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp