• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Custom Button (make it text or legible enough png)

Participant ,
Jul 06, 2020 Jul 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello RoboHelp Friends,

In RH2019, Azure_Blue layout, I added a "Feedback" button as shown in screenshot below. It's supposed to say Feedback and it goes to a URL. However, that space is limited, so it squishes the image down and I can't read the word Feedback. Is there a way we can make it just text and link it to a URL? Or make the image bigger?

Thank you so much, Friends.

feeback.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you using New UI or Classic? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

New UI with Update 13 (our IT department hasn't approved Update 14 yet). Thank you so much, Amebr.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't see any way of adding a button where you have using the skin editor. Did you use custom css and javascript to add it?

[Please use the Reply button at the top of the page to ensure replies are in time order]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 07, 2020 Jul 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is where I added the icon. The problem is when I added the icon, doesn't matter what size it is, it makes the button so small to fit that allowed space. I'm sorry Amebr, I made a png of the word "Feedback", but it was unlegible, so I had to make another icon (screenshot in the original post that looks like it's 3 circles) because the Feedback icon I made you couldn't read it.

fdbutton.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think you have used the skin editor with Align Left selected. All that is allowed there as far as I can see is buttons of the size seen in Azure Blue rather than text.

I thought there was a way to add text URLs in Classic at least but I can't find it right now in either.

Google Feedback icons has a number of offerings if that helps.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Correct Peter, that's how I added the button. It's so unfortunate if they took away the ability to add text in the skin.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where was it in Classic? I thought it was possible but could not see it in a quick look.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I'm saying "if" there was a way in the Classic, that's unfortunate if they took it away. Seems like they took away a few features from Classic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think this is it in Classic version.

classic.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 09, 2020 Jul 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this what you are looking for?

image.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 09, 2020 Jul 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ha! That custom links feature is only applicable to Indigo, not Azure_Blue. I didn't know that. Well, I guess there's no way to add a custom link in Azure_Blue? That's the skin I need to use. Thank you, Peter.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp