Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Custom Master Page, Custom CSS, and RH

Community Beginner ,
May 29, 2015 May 29, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello All,

I created a custom CSS file and tested it on an HTML page outside of RoboHelp. I turned the HTML page into a master page with a link to the custom CSS and imported the page into the project. I also placed the CSS file in my project root folder. When I create a new topic with the master page applied, I expect to see an outline of the divs in the custom CSS and, since this is a WYSIWYG editor, the colors included. I do not see that.

I've created a work around but I'm wondering why the master page isn't working as expected. Any thoughts?

Ginger Shew-Stuckey

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 01, 2015 Jun 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In my experience, complex master pages are best assigned on generating output as RH doesn't like too complex HTML in the WYSIWYG. How is the HTML structured? Anything not in the header/footer/body is prone to be updated (removed/changed) by RH unless you only assign the master page on generation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp