• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Customizing Robohelp 2020

Community Beginner ,
Apr 14, 2021 Apr 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Robohelp 2020 version and want to customize it as per the screenshot below. Can someone suggest where I can make changes in Skin for output to look like as shown in the image?Sample.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Apr 14, 2021 Apr 14, 2021

You can customize the Skin of your choice in RoboHelp itself. Open your Project, go to Output > Skins, click the + icon, Choose New Frameless Skin, select a Template (e.g. "Studio") and give it your own name. You can then customize pretty much everything (colors, fonts, icons, etc.). See also the RoboHelp User Guide (Work with skins) for more details.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Apr 14, 2021 Apr 14, 2021

Look at the code in Classic and check it is correct there. If it isn't and you can't fix it, start another thread to keep this limited to its purpose. Helps other users with problems later on.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can customize the Skin of your choice in RoboHelp itself. Open your Project, go to Output > Skins, click the + icon, Choose New Frameless Skin, select a Template (e.g. "Studio") and give it your own name. You can then customize pretty much everything (colors, fonts, icons, etc.). See also the RoboHelp User Guide (Work with skins) for more details.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried doing it. But I don't see this option in my RH.

Under the User Assets drop-down section, click Add Asset. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As Peter wrote, Charcoal Grey is a more reduced, frame-based HTML5 skin. These skins do not have the "User Assets" feature in the layout tab. I also recommend using a "Frameless Skin" which is much more advanced in many ways.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sample.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are using a Responsive HTML5 skin. You will get far more customisation options if you use a frameless skin.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As per my project requirements, I need to have responsive HTML5 only. Also, it would great if you can help in :

1. What options to change in charcoal grey so that I can add print button in sidebar

2. What options to change in charcoal grey to add text "Designed and Developed by" in Functionbar

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Print button should be there by default in the Charcoal Skin:

Stefan-Gentz_0-1618390249077.png

To add this additional text you would probably need custom development of a layout and edit the source code of the search bar there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can this customization be done in RH itself? From where can I get the source code of search bar =, edit the same and import in RH? Any documentation which I can refer to?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Stefan's code knowledge is way more advanced than mine but I think he will confirm the following.

In Classic versions of RoboHelp there were ways of customising behind the scenes if you had very advanced HTML5 and CSS3 skills and could figure out what to change. it was not easy. The downside was that if Adobe had to make a technical change it required them to effectively create a new skin. To take advantage of those changes you would lose your customisation.

In the new UI, they can make changes to fix issues without affecting your customisation. The downside is the behind the scenes customisation is not an option. You are limited to what is in the skin editor. Frameless skins are where future development of skins will be and that is demonstrated by the much more extensive editing capabilities that have been created. Those options are not in the responsive skin editor.

In short, if you have to stick with that skin, you are stuck with its skin editor options.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

+1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are limited to what can be edited in the skin editor. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks a lot guys for such a prompt response. Really appreciate the same.

I have another query too: When I am upgrading my Robohelp Classic project , bullets from existing project are going for a toss. Numbered bullets are becoming round bullets. Is there something I am doing wrong, or is there any fix for the same?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Look at the code in Classic and check it is correct there. If it isn't and you can't fix it, start another thread to keep this limited to its purpose. Helps other users with problems later on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Umm, isn't the Frameless skin choice a responsive HTML5 output too?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Jeff_Coatsworth Frameless adapts to the window size in the same way as Reponsive HTML5 skins but they are very different technically and with more limited customisation. When you create a new skin the first step is to specify Frameless or HTML5. 

Am I missing your point?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Peter Grainge  - Thought so - I was just thinking that @khusboo6in's point about:

As per my project requirements, I need to have responsive HTML5 only.

was a red herring since Frameless output is responsive HTML5 too. That's all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I read that as he had to have what we have known as Responsive HTML5 for some reason and Frameless was not an option, even though it adapts in the same way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ah, the old "Responsive HTML5" (Adobe label) vs. "responsive HTML5" (functional description) trap! 🤣

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp