Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Default saving folder for image

New Here ,
Nov 06, 2017 Nov 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys,

I'm new to Robohelp and i'm looking to change the destination folder where the images are saved after adding them to a subject. They are all saved in my general project folder but the view of my project manager is very bad if i have hundreds of them saved there.

Thank you for your help

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you create a new Images folder and move them all in there right now, you'll end up with a bunch of busted links pointing to where they used to be. IIRC this may be fixable by repairing one busted link & the others may follow suit. However, don't try anything unless you've made a zipped backup copy of your project before you start messing around with it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the quick help! But besides draging all images in a new folder is there really no way to make them save in the designated folder in the first place ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't believe so (but I could easily be wrong) ;>)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Unfortunately there isn't any way to tell RoboHelp where to save images. They all end up in the default project location. But that doesn't mean you are forced to live with things that way. As said earlier in this thread, one way is to create a folder, then drag the images from the default folder to the new folder. As long as you do it from inside RoboHelp, all pathing should be fine and no broken links should occur.

My own approach is to first save the image to the project folder where you want it in RoboHelp. Then I just type the file name of the image into the field when I'm inserting an image into a topic.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 07, 2017 Nov 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Clearly the best solutions are to either put the images in the right folder before importing, as above, or move them immediately after importing to keep on top of things.

For anyone with an existing project with way too many images to move them manually, see https://www.helpessentials.com/product/image-mover/

The script there will move any images used in one topic only to that topic's folder. It's not free but it saved me a lot of time.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring information

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp