Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Default size of WebHelp TOC Pane

Jun 02, 2009 Jun 02, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a way to change the size of the TOC pane used in a WebHelp skin?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which version of RoboHelp are you using?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have to run, so I'm going to post how I do it in RH6. RH6 doesn't have a setting in the skin editing GUI, so there may be an easier way in RH 7 or 8.

1. You can do this whole operation with the project open in RoboHelp. I would create a new custom skin first to try it on.
  2. If your project is in source control, check out the skin file first (example fred.skn).
  3. In Windows Explorer, find the .skn file - by default, it's stored in projectfolder\!SkinSubFolder!\skinfolder.
  4. Open the .skn file in any text editor. Notepad works fine.
  5. There are two lines that start with "frameset cols=" in the skin file. Default is <frameset cols="220,*"  etc.
  6. Change the 220 to the number of columns you want. Make sure you change it in both places.
  7. Save the skin file.
  8. Generate the project with the edited skin and display the project. (If you open it in IE and your settings suppress ActiveX content, you will need to allow active content before the TOC pane resizes.

Good luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It worked!  And, yes,  you must change the value in BOTH locations.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp