• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Default tab to TOC when Robo Help HTML 5 Opens

Community Beginner ,
Apr 29, 2021 Apr 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a way with Robo Help 2020 to set a default tab for the help to open for HTML 5 output? What is happening is if the user changes to another tab, for example Search, the next time they open the Help it defaults to the Search instead of the Table of Contents, even if they have closed the browser and come back later. Would like the Help to always default to the TOC when it opens even if the user at some point changed tabs. 

TOPICS
Output presets

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Think that depends on how you're opening the HTML5 output, what layout is being used and what browser settings are set.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have the Robo Help output opening from a help icon on our website and it opens in a new tab. For the layout it has a frame on the left with the tabs for the TOC, Search, filter, etc. and then on the right it shows the Help content.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That doesn't tell me much about what you're doing - what's the actual command that is being executed from the icon? It must be doing something with the index.htm page of the help (maybe with some parameters to launch in a new tab vs. a new window). You would need to look at the RH project to see what skin is being used. Have you tried this with different browsers to see if there's any impact on "remembering" the last state of the help in the separate tab?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am the creator of the Help in RoboHelp so not involved with the deployment part, but to get more information for you I sent the developer your question, so hope this helps answer. The developer said the help is setup as a website and the default link being used is  /#t=first_topic.htm

In RoboHelp I did not change anything for the skin, I am not really that familiar with that part of RoboHelp, so it is probably whatever the default is. But if there's something I can check for that let me know where to check and I can look.  

Have tried it with Chrome, Edge, Firefox. It seems like the tab you had chosen is 'remembered' per browser. You can close down the browser completely and close all tabs and then open the browser again and browse to the site and open help and it remembers which tab you were on.

Thank you for your help and response.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Attached a picture to show the skin if this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's nothing that RH can do that affects how tabs are remembered by the browser, but just launching the index.htm file each time should already set the default topic that displays - you indicate that in your output preset inside RH.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Okay, will look into that. thanks again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp