• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Default topic margins

Community Beginner ,
Oct 26, 2020 Oct 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This might be a stupid question, but it's been bothering me for 3 days.

When I start a new project from scratch every newly added topic has a 30px margin by default.

There are no margin settings in 'body' nor anywhere in default.css. There's also nothing in html itself.

I can reset it by adding the following:

margin: -30px

but that doesn't solve the puzzle.

The generated output also shows this margin.

Where is this setting coming from?

AdobeRoboHelp.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Add the required margin(s) to the body tag of your CSS should work.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peter,

thanks for quick feedback.

Adding 

body {
  margin-left: -30px;
}

does help indeed - it shifts the whole content to the left edge of the page, but I'm curious why I have to do this to get the full area of the screen. My common sense says body should start from the very left by default, without the negative value trick.

Btw, the same applies to top margin, which is 20px by default.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 27, 2020 Oct 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The default setting is what Adobe deem most people will want and this is the first thread wanting to go to go much nearer to the extreme edge. Nothing wrong with that if it suits your design.

It's difficult to comment more without seeing what you are trying to achieve overall.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 30, 2020 Oct 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Peter,

I have finally figured it out, it's a steep learning curve 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 31, 2020 Oct 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Take a look at the About RoboHelp sample project. There's a lot of practical information in there about the new version. (RoboHelp Reimagined if you are on 2019).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp