Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Delete Contents of !ssl! default Output Folder

Community Beginner ,
Oct 01, 2019 Oct 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Robohelp Community,

In the Robohelp Project I am working on, we currently generate our content to a different folder than the Defualt !ssl! Output Folder. I was wondering if there is any problem or drawback to deleting the previously generated contents of this folder (right now it seems to just be taking up space and causing our backups to take longer). Will this harm the current project in any way? I appreciate any help. Thank you in advance. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 01, 2019 Oct 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope, not at all - non-RH2019 projects will try to default there, but they will wipe the sub-folder named for the Single Source Layout you've chosen before generating again anyway. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 02, 2019 Oct 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the quick response, Jeff. I appreciate it. Do you know if there are any weird side effects from doing deleting the contents of this folder that I might not be aware of? We are a bit apprehensive about ever deleting anything in Robohelp.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 02, 2019 Oct 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Nope, it starts completely empty and only gets files in it when a project has output generated. If you generate again, you can see one of the first dialogs saying "Clearing output folder..." as it wipes out that flavour of output (e.g. \!SSL!\WebHelp\ gets wiped the next time you generate WebHelp).

I routinely clean out the entire folder when I go to zip up a project for archiving - saves so much space!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp