• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Design view - Text disappears when a conditional build tag is applied

New Here ,
Jun 19, 2020 Jun 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This just started happening in every help project (existing and newly created projects) -- in Design view, all text that has a conditional build tag applied is invisible (has vanished).
In HTML source code view, I can see the text and the tag (for example: <?rh-cbt_start condition="Print" ?>Help<?rh-cbt_end ?>).
In HTML source code view, if I remove the conditional build tag and switch back to Design view, the text reappears.
Because this is happening in all projects, it looks like a global setting, but I cannot find the setting.
Can anyone help with this?
I am using RoboHelp 2017 (13.0.2.334) on Windows 10 Pro version 1709

TOPICS
Classic

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What's happened since the last time it worked and now? Something must have changed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Between the time the text marked with conditional build tags was behaving as expected and now vanishing, I was practicing with the "Create PDF for reivew" feature. (You can see this by a right mouse click in the table of contents.) 

I thought maybe that has the key to the vanishing conditional text, but I cannot find a setting there that seems to control it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I think I have this issue resolved. I backed up the .cpd file, deleted it, and reopened my project. That seems to have solved the problem. **Important** Please heed the caution from RoboHelp community experts if you consider deleting the .cpd file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp