Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Desperate for help with the skin editor

Contributor ,
May 05, 2020 May 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Everyone.

I'm looking for detailed documentation of how to configure a frameless skin in the skin editor. Adobe tech support has not been able to point me to any documentation or tutorial that I'm not already familiar with.

I'm willing to buy a book. But neither I nor my employer are willing to spend $750 on a training course.

Here's everything I've studied. None of it goes beyond even the most basic instruction for using the skin editor:

• Adobe RH 2019 Help Manual
  • Adobe RH 2019 User Guide (online)
  • TutorialsPoint RH Guide
  • Peter Grainge's "tour" of RH 2019
  • the PFA User guide ("Using RH 2017")
  • Adobe Demo #1: "RoboHelp Reimagined" (Quick Start tutorial)
  • Adobe Demo #2: "Upgrading and Advanced Features"
  • Matt Sullivan video:  Tech Comm Tools Tutorial for RH 2019 
  • Neil Perlin:  RH 2015 (LinkedIn Learning)
  • RH 9 (LinkedIn Learning)

Thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 08, 2020 May 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So now you have your project generating and you have a link to see how to edit the skin, which is where you came in.

I guess the only question is whether you can reconstruct the topics that were giving grief. Let us know if not.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, and I hope editing the skin properly will resolve my other issue -- the header background image & logo not displaying.

Thank you!!  Will report back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, I spoke too soon. My project is not fixed.

Although the generate process gets much farther than it had been, I ultimately get the basic "failed to generate" error. 

Before, the generate process would never complete, hanging on "Patching topic."  Now that I've deleted the offending topics, the process does complete. But I get the "failed" error immediately after "patching skin resources" appears in the process dialog.

Can anyone suggest any other remedy?

Thanks. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you share the project? See Contact page on my site. 

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Peter, I'm unable to upload via the wetransfer.com, as my network security blocks that site.

The zipped file is 22MB. Any other way to get it to you?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dropbox, Onedrive, Google Drive, etc. - loads of ways of sharing large files now

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any way you can find. Try email if you have to.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just emailed you a link to the zipped project files.

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 09, 2020 May 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Martin's presets all generated for me. We will work offline and post back here when the issue is resolved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp