• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Dictionary lost

Participant ,
Sep 05, 2011 Sep 05, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just opened an existing RH7 project to find spell check wiggly red lines everywhere as though I have nothing in my dictionary. What can have happened?

And is there a way to get it back? I don't want to have to add all my terms to it again.

Any ideas? I haven't moved or changed anything and it's all on my local machine.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just added a few of the more common terms to the dictionary and it only seems to remember them within a single topic. The same word in a different topic still shows the red line.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There were some dictionary issues and you may find after a few days the problem self-heals. Check you have the patches applied even though they do not claim to fix any dictionary issues.

Perhaps some other Adobe update clobbered the dictionary as it is a shared resource.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, I will check the patches and wait and see...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 27, 2016 Apr 27, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm curious about this post.  I'm using RoboHelp 9, and when I opened a project this morning, the dictionary is not working:  terms, acronyms, words that were used and part of the dictionary previously have the red, squiggly lines.   All my projects have this problem.  When I run the option to spell check the project, the project crashes.  I checked under Tools/Spelling options/Modify, and the items that are showing as misspelled in the project are all still in the dictionary.  Under Tools/Options, I also checked the Default language, and it is "English US."  Can anyone give me some ideas?  Should we just uninstall/reinstall?  Thanks for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 02, 2016 May 02, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Did this problem get resolved?  I'm wondering because  I'm using RoboHelp 9, and my dictionary is not working:  all the terms, acronyms, words that were used and part of the dictionary previously have the red, squiggly lines.   All my projects have this problem.  Any ideas/  Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp