• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Disappearing TOC

Participant ,
Apr 25, 2013 Apr 25, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I started asking about this in a previous post but I realise I haven't solved it (as I thought) so I'm starting a new one.

I upgraded to RH10 from RH7 and something has gone wrong with my TOC.

When I open RH the TOC is empty and when I check the .hhc file it's empty although the backup is around 80KB.

So I create a new TOC and copy it from either that backup or from an earlier .hhc file. The TOC appears, looks perfect  and I can edit it fine but whilst I'm looking at it in RH I can see that the .hhc file is still empty. Next time I close and re-open RH, there's no TOC.

Any ideas?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I should clarify - the TOC exists in RH but is empty.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What happens if you create a new ToC and auto-generate it - does it stick around once you save & reopen RH? If so, then I would suspect there's something amiss with your "legacy" ToC and you may have to recreate it from scratch in RH10.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 29, 2013 Apr 29, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, a completely new TOC seems OK so I guess that's the answer.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp