Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Display of Conversion Settings dialog box looks strange in Windows 10

Participant ,
Jan 10, 2017 Jan 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

A new person started at my office and installed the TCS 2015 suite on her new Windows 10 laptop. While training her on the use of RoboHelp, we realized that she can't see the Style Preview text in the FrameMaker Conversion Settings dialog box (in Project Settings). The fields are strangely squished and don't display properly. I have never seen this before. All the rest of us are still on Windows 8.1 so I have to think this is a Win 10 problem.

I made sure she updated to all the latest FM/RH releases and rebooted her machine, but the problem is still there. Her graphics card is up to date.

I tried to file a bug about this and it looks like there's a new bug reporting system called "Tracker." Well, Tracker insists that you select items from drop-down lists, like "Platform" but there is nothing in the list to select from, in almost all of the lists. So you have to select something, but there's nothing to select, and you can't submit the bug. I would file a bug about the bug reporting system but I can't even do that.

Alexandra

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Participant , Jan 11, 2017 Jan 11, 2017

The new person says she ran a bunch of Windows updates last night and now the appearance of the dialog box is slightly better:

The fields are still slightly squished but not as badly. I'll just chalk this up to some strange Windows thing. She won't be creating styles or doing any conversion mapping for a long while, so I think I will move on to more pressing issues.

Thank you for the all the suggestions, however!

Alexandra

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have a look at that property of the FM shortcut - Compatibility tab - Disable display scaling on high DPI settings?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeff, You could be onto something, but I'm not sure where this FM shortcut - Compatibility tab is? I don't see it in the RoboHelp Options. Could you be more specific?

Thanks,

Alexandra

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suspect he means the shortcut used to launch frame?

TMP1.png

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's the one Rick ;>)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow, I had no idea these options were there. I'm having her try it for RoboHelp. Will post the results shortly.

Alexandra

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, unfortunately, this didn't help. It was a good idea, though; I do think there's some kind of graphics/resolution/Win 10 problem as the cause. There must be something about the FrameMaker Conversion Settings dialog box (in RoboHelp) that has some kind of display issue.

Thank you for your suggestion.

Alexandra

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had her try Windows 8 compatibility from the same location, just in case that worked, but it didn't work either.

Alexandra

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anything change if you have them try this?

On your keyboard should be a key with a windows logo on it. Press and hold this key and press the letter D and release both keys. This should minimize everything and present the desktop.

Right-click the desktop and choose "Display Settings".

Try adjusting the slider to a different value. Then look at the dialog again. Or maybe close the application and re-open it and look at the dialog.

TMP1.png

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good thought too, but changing the resolution to a variety of different settings had no effect at all on the squished Style Preview. We also clicked Advanced and changed the resolution that way and checked. No change.

Thank you for the idea.

Alexandra

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 11, 2017 Jan 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The new person says she ran a bunch of Windows updates last night and now the appearance of the dialog box is slightly better:

The fields are still slightly squished but not as badly. I'll just chalk this up to some strange Windows thing. She won't be creating styles or doing any conversion mapping for a long while, so I think I will move on to more pressing issues.

Thank you for the all the suggestions, however!

Alexandra

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp