• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Distributables with the HTML Help (CHM) file. Do we have to give a dll?

Community Beginner ,
Oct 28, 2015 Oct 28, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI,

There is something unclear to me in the help

I am creating a regular chm file.

The help in FrameMaker says:

"HHActiveX.DLL is an Adobe ActiveX control that provides support for online glossaries and browse sequences. Install and register the HHActiveX.DLL file on user systems. Copy this file from the appropriate location into the same folder as the CHM."

Do I have to give the developers this dll file in order for the chm to be displayed correctly?

It was not clear to me?

thansk

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 28, 2015 Oct 28, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there

You only need to provide this file if your CHM file is using the Glossary Tab function or the Browse Sequences function in the CHM files you create.

These features look like this in the compiled CHM (and when the proper DLL is registered and working:

tmp1.png

Note that there are now actually two different versions of the Microsoft HTML Help viewer used to present the CHM file. One for 32 bit systems and one for 64 bit systems. As such, there are now two different versions of the HHACTIVEX.DLL file to distribute.

Again, this file is ONLY needed if you are using either of the two features mentioned. If you aren't, you are free to omit the DLL.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp