• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Does Adobe support downgrading RoboHelp 2019 Classic project to RoboHelp 2017?

New Here ,
Aug 09, 2019 Aug 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For our next release of our application, we upgraded the RoboHelp 2017 WebHelp to RoboHelp 2019 Classic. We now want to revert the new help file back to RoboHelp 17 due to legal and popup display issues we have encountered (long story).

I know it is possible to open the RoboHelp 19 Classic file with RoboHelp 17. Does Adobe support this downgrade?

For our legal department, I need an “official” statement from Adobe that this is OK.

Someone from Adobe: Please provide that statement or direct me to an individual I can call.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have corrected the versions as both 17 and 19 are yet to be released. RoboHelp 2019 is logically Version 14.

If you want something from Adobe you will have to ask via Support. You can try techcomm@adobe.com.

The real answer is that there were few changes between the two versions so a project will likely work in both versions. However, I doubt Adobe will give you a categorical assurance that would satisfy your legal department.

See www.grainge.org for free RoboHelp and Authoring information.

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your information. I've contacted Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would be interested to learn their reply.

Peter Grainge

www.grainge.org

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 19, 2019 Aug 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you get a confirmation?

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, that Adobe would not support downgrading.

Thanks for your help.

Francine

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

OK you have the official reply, which is what I expected and what your legal bods required but in practice, I think either would work.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp