• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Does Webhelp SSL in Robohelp 11 work in in IE 9 and 10, firefox, safari and chrome?

New Here ,
Jun 18, 2015 Jun 18, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are moving to newer browsers and I looked over the supported browers but trying to find a concrete answer if I can continue using my Webhelp SSL once we move to newer browsers.

Gene

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jun 18, 2015 Jun 18, 2015

HI there

It should work. One of the reasons folks should consider upgrading with new versions and service releases are due to browser upgrades. Quite often the RoboHelp development team updates all the scripting and code needed to ensure WebHelp and other web based outputs continue to work on newer browsers and browser upgrades.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Jun 18, 2015 Jun 18, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI there

It should work. One of the reasons folks should consider upgrading with new versions and service releases are due to browser upgrades. Quite often the RoboHelp development team updates all the scripting and code needed to ensure WebHelp and other web based outputs continue to work on newer browsers and browser upgrades.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 19, 2015 Jun 19, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the information.  Is there anything that needs to be done on my part to have the Webhelp output display accurately within moble devices?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately I'll have to leave that to someone that has actually put it to the test on mobile. I know I run the real risk of having my geek license revoked by saying this, but I'm not a person that is immersed in the device world. So I haven't had an opportunity to test. No iPad, no iPhone no tablet and I don't spend my life staring at a four inch screen. (I do spend much of it staring at a 15 inch screen, however. )

Perhaps Willam van Weelden‌ or PeterGrainge‌ or johndaigle‌ will pop in to advise on any particulars here.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Completely understand, ,mainly curious if webhelp works with mobile devices

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Gene

My experience is that "plain" WebHelp (vs. Responsive HTML5) can be displayed on Mobile devices using a number of different browsers. Most Smartphones and Tablets often have their own built-in web browsers and additional ones can be downloaded on app stores, google play, etc.

The only caveat is that because WebHelp is generic HTML, it will just display as a miniature version of what you see on the desktop. There's no way to predict how well it will be viewed in a smaller screen. It will probably be acceptable on a tablet. Smartphones, less so. You just have to test.

Just remember that the whole point of the new Responsive HTML5 (and Adobe RoboHelp 2015 release's cool new Mobile App) is that it is specifically designed to accommodate mobile screen sizes of any size or orientation (vertical/horizontal, etc.)

Thanks

John Daigle

Adobe Certified RoboHelp and Captivate Instructor

Evergreen, Colorado

www.showmethedemo.com

John Daigle
Adobe Certified RoboHelp and Captivate Instructor
Newport, Oregon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for this info.  We are looking to go to the responsive, however we are going to be supporting IE 8 and higher, Safari, Firefox, Chrome and Mobile devices.  So trying to find the best approach before moving away from IE8 since it seems the responsive layouts do not work with that version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp