Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Download as PDF - Path setting ignored

Explorer ,
Jan 22, 2020 Jan 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

RH new UI. latest patch.

I've put the PDF I want users to download in the assets/docs folder. See screenshot.

However, when I generate the Online Help, it is looking for a file in downloads/help.pdf

While I can get around this by copying/pasting my PDF into the downloads folder, I'd like to know if this is an actual issue or is there a setting somewhere else, eg in the Skin?, that's setting this downloads folder. 

thanks.download-pdf-2.pngdownload-pdf-1.png 

TOPICS
New UI

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I justed tested this in Update 10 and it showed a similar path in the preset. On generation it worked just fine. That was all I did.

Did you perhaps use help.pdf in an earlier attempt and the browser is showing a cached output? Try you output with another browser.

www.grainge.org

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried it in MS Edge and it wants to open the FramelessSkin.pdf from Rocklat68. 

When I open it, the help.pdf file is displayed. 

framelessskin.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think at this point I would create a new project with just the default topic and a PDF by way of checking whether it is project related.

www.grainge.org

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

created a sample project and it's still looking for a help.pdf files. The Layout path doesnt seem to be taken into account.

file:///C:/etc/Frameless3/assets/downloads/help.pdf

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Can you share the test project? If you can, then see the Contact page on my site and send the project as instructed there. Do make sure you include a link to this thread and please do not email the project direct.

You said you were up to date. That does mean Update 10?

www.grainge.org

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp