• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Drop-down text does not work in CHM

Explorer ,
Jan 04, 2021 Jan 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I upgraded a project to RH2020 and in the CHM, clicking the link to open drop-down text had mixed results. Some opened normally, some didn't open at all, and others opened the wrong text (the text for a different drop-down link). I recreated all of the drop-down text links in that topic and now none of them open at all.

• Robohelp 2020.3.32.
  • The drop-down text works in Responsive HTML5 output in Firefox and IE 11.
  • I imported the troublesome topic to a fresh RH2020 project and have the same symptom. Another topic in the same project opens the drop-down text as expected.
  • Workaround: After comparing the HTML of the working and non-working dropdowns, I discovered removing the script tag containing CDATA fixed the problem.

I plan to fix my updated project with the workaround I discovered. Recording here for others and if anyone has other suggestions or insight.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Jan 05, 2021 Jan 05, 2021

I tried making a fresh project in RH11 and cannot duplicate the problem when I upgrade it to RH2020. I can assume I forgot how the topic was made or something else weird happened.

So the final answer is try workaround of removing the script tag containing CDATA to fix the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jan 05, 2021 Jan 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have seen CDATA in topics created from Word imports. Could that be a factor here?

Thanks for posting the fix.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do not believe this topic, and others exhibiting the problem, were imported from Word. Pretty sure, though not 100% positive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only other thought is were they using the RoboHelp dropdowns or a script, such as the ones on my site. That could make a difference on upgrade.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I tried making a fresh project in RH11 and cannot duplicate the problem when I upgrade it to RH2020. I can assume I forgot how the topic was made or something else weird happened.

So the final answer is try workaround of removing the script tag containing CDATA to fix the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp