Exit

Duplicate sections throughout TOC after generating multiscreen HTML5 output

New Here ,
Aug 04, 2016 Aug 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using: RoboHelp 10, version 10.0.0.287

Steps to reproduce issue:

1. Click File > Generate > Primary Layout (Multiscreen_HTML5)

2. In Generate window click [Save and Generate]

3. Wait

4. Click [View Results]

5. Results show entire sections of the TOC duplicated in other sections.  Its taking 10 plus times to repeat the generation before all of the TOC items are correct and I can publish.  It's not stopping me from getting the job done, but it's certainly a time killer. 

Background: I inherited a working version.  I did not create it.  I have more than basic knowledge of HTML, but I'm not a developer.  I do not have the option to upgrade beyond RH10.  I have researched this multiple times, but have not been able to find any fix.  The only other thing I have seen occasionally are error messages related to toctree.js file, but I don't always get those.  Even when I don't, this still happening, but I have included that error just in case it may be related, although I suspect it is a separate issue.  I don't currently have the corresponding line in the js file because this sample is old and I haven't seen the issue in at least a month.

Other Notes:  I've seen some posts about a similar issue in the printed version but, I am not doing a printed version.  I don't know if that makes any difference, nor do I know if anyone in the past set that up or even where to go to look.

TOC_duplicates.jpg

toctreejs_error.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 06, 2016 Aug 06, 2016

Try moving the project to somewhere that the path is not so long and generate to a new folder.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring information

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Aug 06, 2016 Aug 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try moving the project to somewhere that the path is not so long and generate to a new folder.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring information

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 25, 2016 Aug 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you so much for your suggestion on this. It worked, and I haven't had one problem since I did this!  My generate time went down from 20-25 minutes to just over 4 minutes, and my attempts to generate went down from 10-12 to 1!  What a HUGE time saver.  Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU! :O)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp