• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Dynamic Content Filtering (Robohelp 2015)

Community Beginner ,
Jul 27, 2016 Jul 27, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know how to use the expressions and tags for dynamic content filtering, but I cannot figure out how to get the Filter button added to my project's window pane. Can anyone provide some assistance? I thought it would be listed somewhere in the Output Setup - Windows - Properties, but I cannot find any Filter button option.

Help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 27, 2016 Jul 27, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually it's found in the Outputs(SSL) pod.

Double-click the Responsive HTML5 output and enable the option there.

tmp4.png

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 28, 2016 Jul 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also there is an explanation in the Employee Care 3 sample project. Click Open on the RoboHelp Starter page and then click Samples in the ribbon on the left.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring information

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Captiv8r,

I have gone through that process, but when I generate the HTML5 output there is no option for the user to actually use the filter. Neither the filter button on the window pane's toolbar or something like a "filter by" text show up. Is there an earlier step I am missing? Something like adding a fourth button to my window pane? Though when I try to do that there is no option for adding a filter button.

Matt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you open the SSL and click the Customize button, is the filter enabled as shown in the images below?

tmp4.png

tmp3.png

If not, try a different Layout and see if it then makes an appearance. Maybe the layout got munged.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think I found the problem. I believe it is not showing up because the HTML5 layout I am using was used transferred over from RoboHelp 2011. If you look at the screenshot below, the Basic Settings, alongside other components, are not showing up. If I create a new Responsive Layout, however, the Basic Settings and all the other components do show up.

Not sure on next steps. Might have to create a brand new layout and manually change it to match the current one being used?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I think you have identified both the issue as well as the steps you need to take!

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp