• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

ehlpdhtm.js error in RoboHelp HTML 2015; converting from RoboHelp 8

Community Beginner ,
Oct 28, 2015 Oct 28, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello.  I apologize if this has already been asked and answered; I tried a search with no luck.  I am testing RoboHelp 2015 and am converting my RoboHelp 8 projects to do it.

After converting an old project, when I open a topic select View Item, I receive this error:

ehlperror.jpg

Whether I select Yes or No, the topic opens but I can't select any of the drop-downs to see the content inside.  This doesn't seem to be a problem for the finished output after I generate the webhelpl, but I still need to be able to just view topics to see how they look.

Any suggestions?

Thanks very much!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you try running Tools > Update DHTML? Also, if there is a file ehlpdhtm.js in the root of your project (not output), please delete it. That should solve the issue in the preview.

If the issue persists, are you using any DHTML effects such as fade in/out on your pages?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tried that with no luck so far.  There was an ehlpdhtm.js file in the project, so I removed it, reopened the project, ran the Tools > Update DHTML, and still no luck.  I also tried it again in reverse order.

I'm not using any fade in or out effects, but I think at one time we did have one or two that had some effects, if that might matter.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Willam, doesn't the ehlpdhtm.js file also provide the framework used by the Expanding and Drop-down hotspots as well as topic popups?

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is some more information.  I don't actually think this has to do with the converted projects.  (I had to switch to testing in Windows 8, and no longer have access to the Windows 7 test at the moment.)  In Windows 8 I converted the same projects and had the same problem, but with a different message.  Instead of an error appearing as soon as I opened the topic, it only appeared when I tried to open a drop-down, and looks like this:

popuperror.jpg

I tried the same workarounds listed above and the results were the same.

I then created a blank project completely from scratch, added a drop-down to the first topic, and received the same exact error as above.  I also receive that error when adding an expanding text (also I don't them; just thought I'd test it).  Just like in Windows 7, the drop-down works in Webhelp.

Could there be a problem with the ehlpdhtm.js file itself?  The date of the file in the C drive is 05-11-15, if that's at all helpful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

I just uploaded my own ehlpdhtm.js file which seems to work fine.

Perhaps see if you can download it and save it to your own project location and see if it resolves the issue?

Click here to visit the download site

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks very much for everyone's help so far.

Had to wait until I got home to download this; tomorrow I'll see if IT will be willing to give it a try.

The only differences I found between the two files in the beginning symbol section.  I assume I can leave the CHMfilename blank since we don't use chm?  Should I change the rest and see what happens?  I suspect maybe it's the activeX causing problems (but really have no idea).

Downloaded file:

//{{HH_SYMBOL_SECTION

var HH_ChmFilename = "D:\\Projects\\CalcDemo2\\CalcDemo2.chm";

var HH_WindowName = "NewWindow1";

var HH_GlossaryFont = "";

var HH_Glossary = "1";

var HH_Avenue = "1";

var HH_ActiveX = true;

//}}HH_SYMBOL_SECTION

Existing file:

//{{HH_SYMBOL_SECTION

var HH_ChmFilename = "";

var HH_WindowName = "";

var HH_GlossaryFont = "";

var HH_Glossary = "";

var HH_Avenue = "";

var HH_ActiveX = false;

//}}HH_SYMBOL_SECTION

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 30, 2015 Oct 30, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Rick: the ehlpdhtm.js does also control the dropdowns. But on removing it from your project directory, RH will copy a new version in when you open the project. I had some problems in the past with old ehlpdhtm.js files that weren't updated when the project was upgraded between RH versions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 02, 2015 Dec 02, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to give an update - using the ehlpdhtm.js file from Rick didn't fix the issue and IT said they are sending it back to the "repackagers."  I don't know what that means, but when I get it back for testing again, if it works, I'll see if I can find out what the solution was. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jan 08, 2016 Jan 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks, Willam. Running the update and replacing the ehlpdhtm.js file helped me with my own errors. I was updating from RH9 to RH2015.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp