Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Elegant way to deal with run-in heading and the following text

Contributor ,
Apr 07, 2015 Apr 07, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Am looking for an elegant way to deal with run-in heading and the following text.

Currently, RH 11 matches the style of the run-in heading and then puts the text on the next line. Because, in FM, run-in heads with the following style create a two-column look, this doesn't quite work.

Thoughts I had include how to take the content of the run-in head and prepend it to the following paragraph? Alternatively, how to do something as simple as change (in RH) the indent for the paragraph that follows the run-in-head ... how is that done?

Thanks,

Sean

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Contributor , Apr 09, 2015 Apr 09, 2015

I resolved this.

Firstly, my FM source had an issue with some empty paragraphs sometimes hiding at the end of the runin paragraph. So I replaced these (search for \p\p).

Then, I edited the File > Project Settings > FrameMaker Document > Paragraph and changed the indents and spacing for the two styles involved.

Thanks,

Sean

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Apr 07, 2015 Apr 07, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check the settings in your Conversion Settings - you can change how the FM paratag comes over by typing overtop the "[Source]" RH style field. I often use "<$paratext>" (open angle bracket, dollar sign, paratext, ending angle bracket - in case it gets stripped by the web editor here)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Apr 09, 2015 Apr 09, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I resolved this.

Firstly, my FM source had an issue with some empty paragraphs sometimes hiding at the end of the runin paragraph. So I replaced these (search for \p\p).

Then, I edited the File > Project Settings > FrameMaker Document > Paragraph and changed the indents and spacing for the two styles involved.

Thanks,

Sean

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp