• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Email link with customer's admin email address

Community Beginner ,
Apr 26, 2016 Apr 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We include an email link in our product's Webhelp to allow our users to send us feedback on specific topics (none received so far but I live in hope that someone, somewhere, reads the help...).

A customer has asked if it's possible to include an email link in the help topics that will send an email to that customer's sys admin.

Clearly, a search and replace on all the htm files would do the trick, e.g. to replace my company's doc feedback email address with the customer's email on the Send Feedback link. But is there a more elegant way of doing this?

• The email address used in the link could be specified when the product help is installed. The installer would go through all the htm files and make the replacement.
  • The email address could be specified in a separate file and included somehow in all the htm files, so only one file would need to be changed by the installer.

Anyone solved this already? Is the 2nd option above even possible?

cheers, Julie

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Apr 27, 2016 Apr 27, 2016

I am assuming that you are looking to simply send en email from the user's system, right? If it is to be send automatically in the background, you need a server side solution.

I see two options: variable sets and JavaScript.

• With variable sets, you set the email address as a variable. And you configure a set for every customer. But this will make you end up with a unique output per customer.
  • With JavaScript, you put all the logic for the email link into a script. Then you have just the single file

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Apr 27, 2016 Apr 27, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am assuming that you are looking to simply send en email from the user's system, right? If it is to be send automatically in the background, you need a server side solution.

I see two options: variable sets and JavaScript.

• With variable sets, you set the email address as a variable. And you configure a set for every customer. But this will make you end up with a unique output per customer.
  • With JavaScript, you put all the logic for the email link into a script. Then you have just the single file where the email address is stored. So only one place to update. See Peter's site for script examples: Email This Topic

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp