• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Embed Articulate Storyline Videos in RoboHTML

New Here ,
Jan 20, 2018 Jan 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have some Storyline videos that I need to embed in a RoboHTML project. When I embed it using an iframe, it plays in preview, but not when published and uploaded to my  website. My output in Storyline is HTML5 but I do not want to output using Flash as it is not supported in all browsers now. Can anyone provide suggestions on how I can embed these Storyline videos within my Robohelp project?

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

How exactly are you trying to do it in RoboHelp?

If you are willing to share one of the videos with me, I'd be happy to try it on my end and see if it comes out differently. If so, then I could show you the steps I took and that may assist you.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, what version of RoboHelp are you using?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rick, actually it's the Storyline output, video or course.

I'm using RH2017. In RH, I create the page, then insert an iframe. Within that frame, I link to the story.html file. It works in preview, but when published, it doesn't work. How can I attach one here for you and I'll share it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LOL, appreciate the sharing.

I may not need the files at all. Here's the deal. It's been my own experience that when you work with HTML 5 content, it isn't just one file. It's a collection of files and perhaps some folders. I'm assuming the same holds true for Storyline output.

I haven't heard you mention something called "Baggage". So it's possible you are unaware of it. But the bottom line is that you likely need to add the Storyline output to baggage. And the really good news here is that you are using RoboHelp 2017 Release. Because in that release Adobe added an extremely useful feature. That feature allows you to import a folder to baggage. And that will also include all files and other folders and files that are needed.

Now the first thing I'd recommend is to create a folder in your project and name it something like "Videos" or perhaps "Storyline". Then for each Storyline output you have, create another folder inside this folder.

Now, the next step depends on how you are viewing your Project Manager. There are two ways to look at it. Classic and Global. If you are in Classic view, the top folder should read: HTML Files (Topics) and in Global view the top folder should read Project Files. If you are in Classic view, you should see a folder in the pod named "Baggage Files". Expand this folder and you should see other folders inside. In the Global view, just expand the Project Files. Your goal is to navigate to the folder you will be adding the content to. Once you get there, right-click the folder and choose Import Baggage > Folder. Then navigate to the folder where the Storyline output is.

Once you get that added properly, ensure your inline frame correctly references that location and HTML file name.

Generate and test!

Keep us posted on the outcome. Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 22, 2018 Jan 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Rick, I had been searching for a way to make this happen and your post worked beautifully! The Storyline content works great embedded in my Robohelp project. I had not imported the content in the baggage files and that fixed it. Thanks again for your help on this problem!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp