• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Encountering issues importing new word docs into a project that was upgraded from RH2015 to RH2020

New Here ,
Feb 25, 2021 Feb 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm in the process of trying to figure out how to manage our project in RH2020, after upgrading from RH2015.  I'm currently testing out the RH2020 trial version and am encountering some issues.

I've upgraded the project and am trying to import a new word document, with the same document formating as  exisitng ones that were upgraded, and when going through the steps, I get the sussessfully imported message, however the new topic is not reflecting under the contents page.  

I was expecting to see the same folder/subfolder format as the upgraded ones, but can understand it may differ as it's gone through a different process (imported oppose to upgraded).

Probelm it's not reflecting under the Content list and I can't locate the CH file anywhere.  

I fully understand this is most likely user error, as I inherited this project/software, and am trying to learn as I go.  

Any assistance you may be able to provide would be greatly appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See if this helps. Importing/Linking Word/Fm Docs (grainge.org)

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peter,

Thank you so much, I have referenced this document several times, actually the whole Robohelp tour has been very helpful, as well as the Robohelp User Guide and the Adobe Support Community.

I've tried adjusting the import setting a few different ways, but will try a couple of more times.  If I still don't have any luck, I will reach out again.

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do note the folder structure won't be entirely the same. The document should import into the folder you select, but images will import into the 'assets/images/<doc name>', and stylesheet into '/assets/css'

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 03, 2021 Mar 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Thank you for the reminder, it's greatly appreciated.

I've been able to import to documents, but now I'm running into an issue where when I'm generating the output it runs for quite a while, and then I get a white screen.  I'm assuming I should get an output generated success message once the process is complete - should I not?

Also the new documents imported are not reflecting in the output that was generated - could it be possible they are not reflecting as the output generation/publishing is not completing or is there something else I should be looking for?

Thank you for any assitance.

Julie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While generating there is a small dialog bottom right of the screen. That should report the process has completed and then close leaving you with the screen as it was when you started. If you are getting a completely white screen, the process has failed for some reason.

When you imported the Word document, did you add the new topics to the TOC. In 2020 outputs are controlled by what is in the TOC.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Thank you for the information, I will dicuss with our IT department to see if we can figure out why the process is failing.

I did not add the new topic to the TOC, I will reference the support documents to figure out how to do that.

Thanks so much

Have a great day

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This topic may help you with adding the topics to the TOC. The Table of Contents (grainge.org)

I doubt IT will be able to help with why it is failing. It requires some knowledge of RoboHelp. I would try duplicating the TOC twice and in the two copies then delete different halves. See if one then generates and one does not.

Also try one of the sample projects to prove they work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 10, 2021 Mar 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the tips.

I tried duplicating the TOC to split it in half and they wouldn't duplicate.  I tried accessing the Sample Projects and when I select them, I get a message indicating the files don't exist.  

I was able to transition from the Trial version to the full versoin and tried to generate the Responsive HTML 5 output and received the following errors.

Julie5E2F_2-1615386865126.pngJulie5E2F_3-1615386877579.png

Julie5E2F_4-1615386896616.png

I'm now trying to figure out what this error message means and how to fix it.  Any suggestions on where to find additional details on these error messages and how to correct them.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you install RH2020 with admin rights? Did you update it to the latest patch version after installation? Did you try running it as an Admin?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Unfortunately I have no idea, our IT department installs everything and we don't get admin access.

I was wondering if there were issue with the original upgrade itself as it was done in the trial version.  So I reran the upgrade in the full version and there appears to be 279 issues - that reflect 

Julie5E2F_1-1615398324255.png

I'm guessing this contributing to my problem.  Going to try to figure out how to correct this. Any suggestions you might have are greatly appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Trial vs. licensed version is exactly the same - trial versions are just time-limited. You should make sure you're fully patched up & then retry the conversion again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ok - thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp