• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error: Failed to initialize database.

Nov 20, 2012 Nov 20, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

RH10, WebHelp Pro, Robohelp Server 9

First, please do not move this question to the Server forum because plainly part of the problem is happening before the output is published.

After generating output and choosing FIle > View> Primay Layout, every thing looks OK except that if I click the Search button,  I get the Search input box and below it, the message:

Error: Failed to initialize database.

If I enter any valid search term, the only response is:

null

We publish our output to two identically configured WebPro servers. After publishing the above output, the result is that on one server, the published output works fine, including searches. On the other server, clicking the Search button produces a completely blank navigation pane.

These results are infinitely repeatable despite numerous server restarts, deletions of SSL folders, CPD files, all the usual suspects.

SO the questions I have are:

1. What  database is failing to initialize?
  2. What would account for two different published output results on two identically configured servers in the same environment (Windows 7, IE 9) ?
  3. What do I need to do to get a response from Adobe technical support to my requests for assistance??

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 25, 2021 Apr 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Was it previously working with your current windows version, and it's just recently stopped working? If it was working, perhaps your IT department removed MSXML4 (I think they can set it up so it happens with windows updates). If that's the case you may be able to get them to reinstall it (or provide further justification for upgrading everything (security being a hot topic lately...)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp