• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error! Failed to parse the stylesheet

Enthusiast ,
Oct 22, 2020 Oct 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Receive the above error when attempting to open one of my stylesheets. Will only open the stylesheet in "true code" view/editor.

Running RoboHelp 2020.1

This error didn't occur in RoboHelp 2019.14 New

I've identified the code that causes the error (if I remove it, the stylesheet opens in the user-friendly CSS editor):

/*  SECTIONS  */
.section {
	clear: both;
	padding: 0px;
	margin: 0px;
}
/*  COLUMN SETUP  */
.col {
	display: block;
	float:left;
	margin: 1% 0 1% 1.6%;
}
.col:first-child { margin-left: 0; }
/*  GROUPING  */
.group:before,
.group:after { content:""; display:table; }
.group:after { clear:both;}
.group { zoom:1; /* For IE 6/7 */ }
/*  GRID OF THREE  */
.span_3_of_3 { width: 100%; }
.span_2_of_3 { width: 66.13%; }
.span_1_of_3 { width: 32.26%; }
/*  GO FULL WIDTH BELOW 480 PIXELS */
@media only screen and (max-width: 480px) {
	.col {  margin: 1% 0 1% 0%; }
	.span_3_of_3, .span_2_of_3, .span_1_of_3 { width: 100%; }
}

I use this to generate 3-column responsive grids on "mini-home page" topics.

1. I want to continue to be able to use this style.
  2. I want the stylesheet it's in to be visible/editable in the RH2020 user-friendly CSS editor.
  3. I DON'T need to be able to view or edit any part of the 3-column responsive grid styles in the user-friendly CSS editor.

Since the responsive grid style isn't used pervasively throughout my project, I suppose one option is to move the grid style out of my main CSS and into a standalone CSS that's used for just home page/mini-home page topics. However, RoboHelp 2019.14 handled this same CSS just fine, so I'd prefer to just have one CSS. With that in mind, maybe this is a bug? Thoughts? 

*Edit: To be clear, the CSS functions correctly in the output (frameless) and even in the RH 2020 topic editor + preview functions (if/when the style is used in a topic). It's just the RoboHelp 2020 user-friendly CSS editor that can't function/handle it.

TOPICS
New UI

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update 2 is out. 

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, I saw that. I JUST finished upgrading 13 RH2017 projects to RH2020 this week, cleaning up some issues in each of those, moving them from RoboSource Control to Git, and then providing access to the rest of our doc team.

I'm a little nervous rolling out an update that's hot off the presses. I want to avoid having to rollback to 2020.1 and re-set up 15 connection profiles (speaking of which, it'd be great if you could somehow backup and restore connection profiles for just that use-case). 

I suppose I can install 2020.2 on a test machine and run a copy of one of my projects through it to see. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 25, 2020 Oct 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It looks like the @media statement isn't handled by the RH2020 css editor.

I tried adding @media print {body {font-size: 11px;} } and got the same error using RH2020.2.29.

The same code doesn't throw an error in RH2019 update 12.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Oct 26, 2020 Oct 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for narrowing it down!

Logged bug RH-8305

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 10, 2021 Dec 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am running Robohelp 2019.0.14 and am getting the "Failed to parse the stylesheet' error.  How can I identify what the offending code is?   Is it in red?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 10, 2021 Dec 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

From the instances of the failure to parse a CSS file I have seen, try commenting out any media styles.

/* before the definition

*/ after it

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp