• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error: Failed to resolve macro... when outputting to Responsive HTML5

Community Beginner ,
Nov 17, 2015 Nov 17, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using RoboHelp 2015. I have a help project that was originally created for WebHelp output. When I compile the project to Responsive HTML5 output, it compiles but with the following errors:

Error: Failed to resolve macro (IndexFilterKewords) in file (P:\!Private\zMigration\AvHelp_HTML5\AvHelp\Availity_Help.htm)...

Error: Failed to resolve macro (MSM_CUR_LNG.Loading) in file (P:\!Private\zMigration\AvHelp_HTML5\AvHelp\template\scripts\indextreeloader.js)...

Error: Failed to resolve macro (GlossaryFilterTerms) in file (P:\!Private\zMigration\AvHelp_HTML5\AvHelp\Availity_Help.htm)...

Error: Failed to resolve macro (MSM_CUR_LNG.Loading) in file (P:\!Private\zMigration\AvHelp_HTML5\AvHelp\template\scripts\glossarylistloader.js)...

Error: Failed to resolve macro (MSM_CUR_LNG.TopicsNotFound) in file (P:\!Private\zMigration\AvHelp_HTML5\AvHelp\template\scripts\mhfhost.js)...

Error: Failed to resolve macro (MSM_CUR_LNG.JS_alert_LoadXmlFailed) in file (P:\!Private\zMigration\AvHelp_HTML5\AvHelp\template\scripts\mhfhost.js)...

Error: Failed to resolve macro (MSM_CUR_LNG.JS_alert_InitDatabaseFailed) in file (P:\!Private\zMigration\AvHelp_HTML5\AvHelp\template\scripts\mhfhost.js)...

Error: Failed to resolve macro (MSM_CUR_LNG.JS_alert_InvalidExpression_1) in file (P:\!Private\zMigration\AvHelp_HTML5\AvHelp\template\scripts\mhfhost.js)...

Error: Failed to resolve macro (MSM_CUR_LNG.Searching) in file (P:\!Private\zMigration\AvHelp_HTML5\AvHelp\template\scripts\mhfhost.js)...

Error: Failed to resolve macro (MSM_CUR_LNG.Cancel) in file (P:\!Private\zMigration\AvHelp_HTML5\AvHelp\template\scripts\mhfhost.js)...

Error: Failed to resolve macro (MSM_CUR_LNG.Canceled) in file (P:\!Private\zMigration\AvHelp_HTML5\AvHelp\template\scripts\mhfhost.js)...

Error: Failed to resolve macro (MSM_CUR_LNG.ResultsFoundText) in file (P:\!Private\zMigration\AvHelp_HTML5\AvHelp\template\scripts\search.js)...

I saw another forum post about these errors (in version RoboHelp 11) that suggested the problem might be related to permissions. I compiled the help output to a few different folders that I have full permissions, and I still get the errors. Any ideas?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Nov 17, 2015 Nov 17, 2015

This is a common problem with RoboHelp projects upgraded from versions before RH10. This error indicates that your language files misses some strings. You can solve it in either of these two ways;

1. Let Robo recreate the language file:
    1. In your project, back up the !Language! folder.
    2. Delete the folder.
    3. Trash the CPD and reopen RoboHelp.

RoboHelp will create a new language file (and if something goes wrong, restore from the backup and try method 2.)

2. Manually update the language file;
    1. Open the language file

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I notice that the location is the P drive (which I assume is a network drive)

Try closing the project in RoboHelp, then creating a folder on your C drive named "Projects". ( C:\Projects )

Then create a folder inside that one and copy your project there. Open it and try again and see if the issue resolves.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 18, 2015 Nov 18, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Rick,

You're correct--the P drive is a network drive. I tried generating the output to my C drive, including to a folder I created in the root, but I get the same results. I noticed I don't get the errors when I generate a new project I created in RoboHelp 2015. The project in which I'm getting the errors was created before I started my employment here four years ago, and we were using RoboHelp 8 at the time I started. I'm going to try Willam's suggestions and see if they solve my problem. I'll reply back once I've tried the suggestions. Thanks very much for passing along the suggestions!

Thanks!

George

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a common problem with RoboHelp projects upgraded from versions before RH10. This error indicates that your language files misses some strings. You can solve it in either of these two ways;

1. Let Robo recreate the language file:
    1. In your project, back up the !Language! folder.
    2. Delete the folder.
    3. Trash the CPD and reopen RoboHelp.

RoboHelp will create a new language file (and if something goes wrong, restore from the backup and try method 2.)

2. Manually update the language file;
    1. Open the language file !Language!/en_us/RoboHHRE.lng with Notepad or another text editor.
    2. Find the section <section name="MultiScreen">.
    3. For each error 'MSM_CUR_LNG.JS_alert_LoadXmlFailed', create an entry with the text after the dot as follows:

<element name="JS_alert_LoadXmlFailed" value="Failed to load XML file"></element>

4. Save the file.
    5. Open RoboHelp and regenerate.

(This doesn't invalidate Rick's point. It's just that issue is related differently.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 18, 2015 Nov 18, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Willam.

Your first suggestion worked, and I no longer get the errors when I generate to HTML5 output. Thank you for sharing that valuable information.

George

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp