Error loading webhelp on a particular server

New Here ,
Nov 06, 2020 Nov 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are getting server errors when attempting to access webhelp produced by RH17 on a server with a name that starts with the letters "hbc". On the server that starts with "aah" that has a copy of the same webhelp, we are not getting the errors. (In fact, we are not getting errors accessing webhelp on any other client server.) All files for the webhelp frame are loading except the htm file in the frame on the right. And I get the same error entering a url for just a single htm file.

 

And the application is having no problems running on both servers. The browser errors are "We can't connect to the server at h" or "h's server ip address could not be found." As you can see, the server name is getting concatenated to "h" in the error messages.

 

Has anyone run into a similar problem with webhelp? Thanks.

Views

67

Likes

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 06, 2020 Nov 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suspect zippo to do with RH (unless you're running RH Server, which would be a completely different thing). The fact that it works on one server & the same output on another doesn't, means that the issue is in the non-working server. Have you tried blowing away the non-working copy & re-uploading it?

Likes

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 06, 2020 Nov 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jeff, Thanks. One thing I forgot to mention is that we set up a scenario on a unix test server with matching aliases for the two server names, and the URL to the webhelp with the "hbc" alias fails with the same error and the URL for the webhelp for the "aah" server alias works. Same result.  

Likes

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 06, 2020 Nov 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Again, don't think it's anything to do with RH - was this working before? If so, what's changed? Have you tried different browsers?

Likes

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 06, 2020 Nov 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I doubt that it has anything to do with the webhelp too, altho we don't really know. The server is relatively new, and the system was installed a few months ago, and the webhelp hasn't worked since it was installed. So no, it didn't work previously on that server. And yes, we've tried different browsers and cleared the caches. We're going to install an updated build of the webhelp, just in case we get lucky and that fixes it, but I'm not confident about that.

Likes

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation