Highlighted

Error message when chm file is opened and on opening topics/links

New Here ,
Apr 22, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am a RoboHelp 10 user and have tried generating HTML help. When I try to open the chm file, the following error is displayed. When you click Yes or No to clear the error, it opens OK. The error message is also displayed EVERY TIME you click a hyperlink in the project or open a topic.

I am using Windows 7 and have a 64 bit laptop.

chm file error.gif

TOPICS
HTML help

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Error message when chm file is opened and on opening topics/links

New Here ,
Apr 22, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am a RoboHelp 10 user and have tried generating HTML help. When I try to open the chm file, the following error is displayed. When you click Yes or No to clear the error, it opens OK. The error message is also displayed EVERY TIME you click a hyperlink in the project or open a topic.

I am using Windows 7 and have a 64 bit laptop.

chm file error.gif

TOPICS
HTML help

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Apr 22, 2015 0
LEGEND ,
Apr 22, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Is this possibly a build tag? When you are editing the topics, do you see any red squares?

Cheers... Rick

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 22, 2015 0
New Here ,
Apr 22, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rik,

There is a red square in the header which contains a script. The script is the following:

if(isTopicOnly()) {

setTimeout('show()', 100);

}

I can't remember why I put the script in now - it may be to do with a problem I had a long ago in which the ToC pane was not opening in the compiled help project (Webhelp format).

Could this be what is stopping the chm file from working properly?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 22, 2015 0
LEGEND ,
Apr 22, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure looks like it to me!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 22, 2015 0
New Here ,
Apr 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks very much. I cleared the script and now HTML help works fine.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 23, 2015 0