• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error: "Publishing Aborted...Encountered Sharing Violation..."

New Here ,
Feb 24, 2016 Feb 24, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! I'm using RoboHelp 9, attempting to publish a project as WebHelp Pro from my local drive to a shared drive. It worked once, but is now giving me a strange error (which I've seen previousl):

RH Error.jpg

I've just rebooted and am running no other instances of RoboHelp, nor can I think of any reason the .cpd file is being accessed by another program. I have confirmed that the .cpd is in the source folder. What am I missing? What am I doing wrong?!

Thanks in advance.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well first off are you using RH Server to host this content? If not, then you’re wasting your time with producing WebHelp Pro – it’s specially formulated to work with RH Server.

What do you mean that you have confirmed the .cpd is in the source folder? Are you running some sort of source control? If so, I don’t believe that the .cpd is supposed to be subject to that – it should remain on the local drive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. Yes, I am using RoboHelp Server.

2. Never mind. I was trying to check easy things off the list - files actually being in the source folder. I think I made things more confusing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To make things weirder, I just closed the RoboHelp application, but kept the Smart Publishing Wizard open. I then published, and did not get the error. So it looks like Robo is accessing the .cpd and is conflicting with actually publishing?!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For one thing, the CPD is a SOURCE file and should never be among the OUTPUT files. So it's odd that you would be attempting to publish the CPD.

I'd be investigating how the publish operation is set up because something is definitely wrong.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 25, 2016 Feb 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for your help - something's definitely wrong behind the scenes. I'll do some poking around.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp