• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Errors with GIT and RoboHelp connection (ask-pass-trampoline.bat)

New Here ,
Jan 08, 2021 Jan 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm running RoboHelp 2020.0.156.   I'm attempting to set up RoboHelp with version control using BitBucket (GIT).    I set up the connection profile to Bitbucket from within RoboHelp and commit but I can't push back files. I get the following error. 

error.png

TOPICS
Version control

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 08, 2021 Jan 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First of all apply Update 3.

You cannot update from the initial release (2020.0) using Help > Check for Updates. Go to https://www.adobe.com/support/robohelp/downloads.html and download the latest update. You only need to apply the latest as it includes the incremental changes. Once you have applied a later update, Help > Check for Updates will work in the future.

Try again with that. I'm not sure if the problem was fixed in Update 3 or is due to be fixed in Update 4. If the latter search the forum as this came up a little while back and a workaround was posted.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 13, 2021 Jan 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I applied the update and it started to work with the project already added to GIT.  I can commit and push.  Another user can connect and also commit and push.  Updates are merged.

However, I can no longer add new help projects to GIT.  Everytime I try I get the following error.  I can't give more information apart from the fact that it happens when I select Collobroate > Add Project from the menu.  I have tried with existing repoistories, with it creating the new respoistory in RoboHelp and and a variety of methods. They all end with the same error message.

Application_Error.jpg

I did find a workaround to add the project to Git which is adding it via Sourcetree (With still using the ignore file so it does not upload the .rh folder).  Then delete the respoistory off my local machine and clone the repository from RoboHelp. That seems to connect the help project up to the version control. However, I am having problems with it still not working correctly. Can't seem to always pull someone else's changes.  Not sure if it is because of the way it was added to version control.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 13, 2021 Jan 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There aren't many source control gurus on the forum these days so if no one responds I suggest you go to Support.

See https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/enterprise-support.other.html#robohelp for your support contact options.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 26, 2022 Jan 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Peter Grainge I'm currently trying to establish the connection with GIT. I'm able to create the connection profile but I do not receive the options to "Push", "Pull", or "Commit" to Git. 

What am I missing? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 26, 2022 Jan 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I can't help you on source control issues, hence pointing you to Support.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp